Schools, businesses, restaurants, gyms, museums and other public places across the country closed down this week in attempts to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. Many people are staying home and practicing social distancing to avoid spreading the viral disease further. Many offices are mandating employees to work from home to stop the spread of coronavirus grows. Below are some of best tips for working from home while staying sane and productive.
1. Avoid working in bed : try to set up a workspace somewhere else, even if that's the kitchen or dining table. If you're lucky enough to have the space, maybe you could work from a spare bedroom or home office.
2. Avoid working where you'll be tempted or distracted : don't work somewhere that will tempt or distract you -- that means don't work with a TV on, and if laundry or dishes are calling your name, avoid them!
3. Set boundaries with other people at home : Tell everyone who's home with you that you'll be working during certain hours and to not disturb you unless it's an emergency. Put a sign on your door if you have to.
4. Take breaks : and no, scrolling through Instagram does not count as a break. You should aim to take a break every 75 to 90 minutes, for about 15 minutes per break. Ideally, your break should involve no screens at all and let you get some fresh air. Take a walk outside, play with a pet or talk to a friend.
5. Avoid total social isolation : make time to connect with others, whether that means FaceTiming your work husband (or work wife) or making dinner plans with a friend.
By Mercey Livingston for cnet.com
#workfromhome #entrepreneur #business #success #motivation #networkmarketing #beyourownboss #makemoneyonline #financialfreedom #smallbusiness #entrepreneurlife #tips #onlinebusiness #bitcoin #makemoney #entrepreneurship #love #womeninbusiness #businessowner #marketing #hustle #goals #residualincome #stayathome #stayhealthy #staysafe #setup #macbook #imac